| St. Louis Rams quarterback told reporters that staying in school one extra year has helped him in the NFL. - (Photo credit: Wikipedia) |
After an outstanding rookie season, Bradford will be looking to rebound from a sophomore slump and will have to worry about learning yet another new offense to do so.
But Bradford should be prepared mentally for the challenge of overcoming a lousy season and getting to know yet another offensive coordinator.
Bradford told reporters that staying in school one extra year has helped him in his career thus far and should continue to help him as he continues to develop.
"I know coming back was the complete right decision for me. There's no way I was ready to leave college after two and half years."
"Even though I came back and got hurt, the experience that I gained in that extra year was invaluable. There's no way I would have been able to step into an NFL huddle and lead an NFL team at 21 years old."Bradford will be the key to the turnaround project new head coach Jeff Fisher agreed to overtake when he became took the job in St. Louis.
Bradford has all the physical and mental tools to turn the Rams around and the quarterback has some new weapons too. Draft picks Brandon Quick and Isaiah Pead should help. Having Danny Amendola back from injury will help Bradford too.
Hopefully the extra year of staying in school will start to pay dividends this season as Rams fans can only hope that Bradford begins to mature into the franchise quarterback everyone thinks he can be.
Follow @STLSportsMinute
Comments
Post a Comment