Ryan Theriot Returns To Chicago

When the St. Louis Cardinals visit the Chicago Cubs at
 Wrigley Field on Tuesday night, it will be the first time
 Ryan Theriot plays at Wrigley as a member of the other
 team. - Photo courtesy of Getty Images
St. Louis Cardinals shortstop Ryan Theriot spent parts of six seasons playing for the "Lovable Losers."  And for the first time since putting on the Cardinals uniform, Theriot will return to Wrigley Field in Chicago as the Cardinals and Cubs start their first series of the season Tuesday night in Chicago.

Chicago fans and former teammates were thrown into a frizzy when Theriot said he was "finally on the right side" of the rivalry after signing with the Cardinals this past off-season.  Some Cubs players like Koyie Hill and Carlos Zambrano told members of the Chicago media that they would be gunning for Theriot.

And while it is doubtful that there will be any on-field fireworks between the Cubs and Theriot, the Cardinals shortstop will likely not receive any favorable treatment from the Wrigley faithful. 

Theriot is hitting .287 this season as the Cardinals primary lead off hitter and shortstop and has been a main catalyst for the league's top offense. 

Theriot is definitely expecting Tuesday night's game to be a different experience. 

"It's definitely going to be different I would expect. I've never done this," Theriot said. "I went back to L.A., but I don't really count L.A. Going back to a city that I have been to and been a part of for so long it will definitely be emotional for me. I'm really looking forward to it. It's kind of one of those trips that ... a lot of road trips fall together, mesh together. This is one you look forward to."

And for Cardinals and Cubs fans, the series is always something to get excited about.

Sources:
Follow STLSportsMinute on Twitter of become a Fan on Facebook!

You may also like:

Comments